There can be many reasons why families may hire a Personal Chef and although it is generally seen as a service that only wealthy families secure, surprisingly enough it is now a service being considered by many families of various income levels.
In this day of busy lifestyles, many families are time poor and although eating out does have its benefits, it is not only the cost of the meal but associated costs of transport, child care, entertainment that all add up to a hefty bill at the end of the night.
Many Personal Chef Services are now becoming available where you can organise for the Chef to cook a number of meals for you and the family per week where they pre-cook a few meals for you to heat up later. You could also save more on costs by asking other family and friends if they want to share the cost with you so that the Chef can keep their fees down for you overall.
From discussing the types of meals and food that you like according to your diet requirements, the Personal Chef will usually not only prepare the meals but also do all the shopping of the food for you too! The meals can work out to a similar price to a good restaurant dish of between £5 to £20 and if you share the meals with other friends or family the price will be at the lower end. This saves you a whole lot of time which you can ultimately use as quality family time while eating delicious and nutritious meals.
Another situation where families can consider the services of a Personal or Private Chef is during a family holiday where you are staying in a self contained room or apartment. The time spent cooking while on holiday is not that appealing for many and you’ll ensure the whole family enjoy a well deserved break without having to spend up big by eating out every day and night.
The benefits of hiring a Personal or Private Chef don’t stop there. You can also:
- Lose weight by enjoying quality balanced food portions
- Broaden your tastes
- Learn to appreciate different meal combinations
- Gain quality time as well as saving you money in the long term
Some tips for finding a Personal or Private Chef are:
- Do you have a friend who cooks for a living? They may be interested in earning some extra money on the side.
- Do you know a mom or someone who is in between jobs who loves to cook? They may be happy to earn some money doing what they love.
- Think about the food you and the family like and what rules you would like your Chef to stick to. If you have some favourite recipes, make sure you share them with the Chef so they know your tastes.
- Of course last but not least at Mise En Place we pride ourselves on obtaining the best talent for your requirements long term or short term. Contact us on +44 (0)20 7430 9811 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you with your Private or Personal Chef needs.